Your business is your livelihood. You don’t want it to burn to the ground. While fires can happen, one thing’s for sure: having a quality fire alarm system for your business can significantly help and/or save your business from tragic results if a fire ever does start.
Not only do you want to protect your physical assets in the building, including inventory, computers, furniture and other key components of your everyday work life, but you also want to protect the lives of all those under your leadership, including workers and guests.
What are 10 things to think about when choosing the right fire alarm system for your business?
1) Realize that no two systems are exactly the same. You’re going to need a customized installation to fit your space and particular needs.
2) You (and/or the company you choose to work with) need to know local fire codes and insurance requirements.
3) Your municipality might require a schematic layout of all components that will need to be submitted and approved before installation.
4) Placement of the system will be determined by the dimensions of a room measured in square feet or the length of a corridor. The function of a room also matters; do you have a room with a stove in it, for example?
5) There are two types of modern systems: conventional and addressable. You might want to call Life Safety Consultants to discuss these in detail.
6) Will the system you get include a monitoring service? Will it be hardwired or through a wireless connection?
7) Research the difference(s) between “ionization” and “photoelectric” smoke detectors. Also realize that there are heat and flame detectors available, too.
8) Do you want a sprinkler system installed as part of your fire alarm system?
9) What sound makes sense for your place, to alert you: bells, horns, and/or sirens? What about flashing strobe lights, too?
10) Does the company you plan to work with offer all-inclusive services, including site assessment, installation, wiring and monitoring?
Obviously, a lot goes into choosing a fire alarm system for a commercial enterprise… if you’re looking to work with someone who can answers lots of your questions and guide you in the right direction, please contact Life Safety Consultants at 1-888-557-0558 today.